Shortlisted - Best Teaching Resource
The Australian Educational Publishing Awards
This stimulating book provides a comprehensive toolkit for teaching Australian Curriculum: History. The activities can be used across different inquiry topics and will develop a wide variety of historical skills, language and research techniques set by the curriculum.
The worksheets further integrate these skills with historical understandings, including including the use of sources, empathy, perspectives and investigating continuity and change, as students inquire into History.
• mini-posters to introduce historical skills
• annotated text models for common historical text types
• worksheets tp practice skills and develop understandings
• task cards to further extend and reinforce the Australian Curriculum general capabilities
• assessment checklists.
Historical Skills covered:
- chronology, terms and concepts
- historical questions and research
- analysis and use of sources
- perspectives and interpretations
- explanation and communication
Key Concepts covered to develop Historical Understanding:
- continuity and change
- cause and effect
Text structures modelled:
- information report
Click here to view the entire book online