This practical title contains essential information, text models, lesson banks and worksheets to engage students as they discover, explore and write poetry.
Part of the popular All You Need to Teach series it provides teachers with a comprehensive resource for teaching and using poetry in the classroom.
* teaching tips, including poetry and multiple intelligence and poetry across the curriculum
* mini-lessons can be easily integrated into a variety of programs.
* photocopiable text models for different forms of poetry
* lesson banks to teach the elements of poetry
* list of recommended poetry texts
* assessment rubrics
—Structure in Fixed Form
—Structure in Free Verse
—Sound in Poetry
—Description in Poetry
—Symbolism in Poetry
—Narrative in Poetry
—Character in Poetry
Click here to view the entire book online