A world of learning about people, places and environments.
GeoWorld is an inquiry-focused series which will equip students with geographical skills and general capabilities that can be applied in daily life and work. Activities help students to develop an appreciation of different perspectives in geographical knowledge, an understanding of ethical research principles, experience in teamwork, and critical and creative thinking.
The Australian Curriculum editions focus on 7 key concepts stipulated in the curriculum: place, space, environment, interconnection, sustainability, scale and change. The student-centred content is embedded with three cross-curriculum priorities throughout, and is well supported by a wealth of engaging resources that provide a sense of place.
The NSW editions link closely to all the NSW curriculum content,including the three extra general capabilities: Civics and Citizenship, Difference and Diversity, and Work and Enterprise. All content, objectives and outcomes, values and attitudes, stage statements and assessment tasks have been tailored to support NSW requirements.
Features of both editions:
- powerful images and succinct introductions to hook students’ attention
- activities to extend or support individual students
- collaborative learning promoted through group work opportunities and projects
- the latest geographical data and issues
- easy-to-use double-page spreads with vivid images, maps and creative infographics.