Nonfiction books for guided reading, writing and inquiry.
Covering popular topics in the humanities area, Mac Australia Topics combines powerful visual literacy elements with engaging text matched to students’ reading abilities.
The Student Books:
• stimulate exploration of important social issues
• are ideal for teaching effective nonfiction reading and writing strategies
• are levelled to Reading Recovery criteria at lower levels; middle–upper books have broadband stages
• provide a focus on contemporary issues to promote independent thinking
• include visual literacy elements such as timelines, graphs, charts, maps and flowcharts
• provide Inquiry Learning key questions relating to the topic’s main points/ideas.